HURRARC’s consultative meetings with the primary school teachers, 20th October 2009
The meeting started off at 4.00 pm, outside our office, just an hour after a three hours torrential rain that delayed the movement of certain people, who could have reached the place before the starting time.
However, at the Shelter of Africa House at National Stadium Compound, off Syke Street, Brook Fields, Freetown, the HURRARC National Executive Director, Sahr GMP Fania declared the meeting opened, by welcoming the Teachers with the remarks that:
“of all highly placed in the society, to the least on the ladder of Education, Power and Authority, we all have our roots been watered by Teachers, through whom we have found ourselves in front of them on the tables, to help draft and decide upon the New Dimension to Education, which is, the introduction of Information, Communication and Technology, as well as use the Simplified Principles of Human Rights, Peace, Tolerance, Civics and Non Violence, some of which we have so far drafted, to help the upcoming Generations to be Computer Literates, respecters and pragmatists of these norms’“.
After the introduction, Mr. Kaindaneh welcomed the Audience once more and gave a brief explanation about the origin and works of HURRARC till that moment. He threw lights upon the past strides of HURRARC in the year past and our commitment to the successful achievement of its aims. At last, he called on the National Executive Director, to explain the New OLPC Project in full.
He highlighted and emphasized the valuable benefit of the project to, not just the Pupils, but the importance of the roles that the Teachers have to play, as well as the benefits that they too will receive in the broad spectrum of the Project.
- That the teachers will be selected from each of the Schools involved, two at most (a female and a male), for the Trainers Training
- The Proposed Salary for the Trainers (Teachers)
- The formulation of the Lesson notes in the areas specified above
- The Method of Selection of the Pupils for the trainings
- The timing for the Teachers, between the Training of the Pupils, and the regular school curriculum Exercises on both the pupils and the Teachers
- The Roles of the Teachers in the HUPPTA, in the upkeep and development of the Association with Pragmatism, Transparency and accountability to, by and for all
- Their suggestions in the way to maintain the Child’s Account and the Trust Fund in its reality, as well as the Child
PDF format 4,9 Mb